Non Surgical Relief
Spinal decompression can relieve your pain and discomfort if you are experiencing any of the following conditions:
- Lower back pain
- Numbness or tingling in your arms or legs
- Herniated discs in your lower back (the lumbar spine)
- Herniated discs in your neck (the cervical spine)
New and Effective Chiropractic Treatment
We use FDA-approved equipment to treat disc injuries located in the neck and lower back without resorting to expensive and invasive surgery. Recovery time is significantly shorter than traditional surgical approaches.
How it works:
1. Lie down comfortably on the compression table on either your back or stomach, depending on the section of your spine being treated. For neck treatments, you’ll lie on your back with a soft rubber pad beneath your neck. For back treatments, you’ll lie on either your back or stomach with padded straps secured around your waist and lower chest.
2. The decompression equipment applies distraction forces to the spine in a precise and graduated method. The distraction forces are balanced with cycles of partial relaxation. This technique—distraction and careful positioning—decreases the pressure in the spine, which gently separates the vertebrae in the affected area.
This separation, called negative intra-discal pressure, creates a vacuum inside the herniated disc. This vacuum causes the disc to retract, relieving the pressure on the nerve root or thecal sac. Each natural chiropractic treatment offers relief as the bulging disc retracts a microscopic amount.
3. Over a series of remedial visits lasting four to six weeks, the accumulated results can be quite dramatic. As the affected disc experiences the cycles of decompression and partial relaxation, it is able to better absorb water, oxygen, and nutrient-rich fluids found in the surrounding cerebrospinal fluid. Gradually, the degenerated and torn disc fibers are able to heal.
Is Spinal Compression for you?
Patient Screening is an important step in the healing process. While nonsurgical spinal compression can help patients with a variety of conditions, Dr. Cohen will assess your particular condition and determine whether you are a candidate for this safe and effective treatment. If your treatment plan leads to this new option, you can find yourself back at work or out on the boat in a matter of weeks, rather than months!
To find out whether nonsurgical spinal decompression is an option for you, call today and schedule your appointment. (954) 202-9911